M.S.Tech Computing Sciences, Human-Technology Interaction
Master’s degree studies in Computing Sciences – Human-Technology Interaction from Tampere University offer a broad set of studies in human-computer interaction, digital systems and related fields.
|Full-time Duration:||2 years|
|Starting in:||1st of August 2021|
|Tuition Fee:||€ 12,000/year|
In the Computing Sciences – Human-Technology Interaction from Tampere University, you will get up-to-date know how on digital service design, user experience evaluation, user psychology, human-centered software development, usability engineering, multimodal human-computer interaction and research skills.
From technological viewpoint, the studies cover the design and development of user interfaces for mobile and desktop applications, virtual reality, augmented reality, industrial machinery and human-robot interaction. HTI is a multi-disciplinary field and you will work with the professionals from several areas with different perspectives.
In a broader sense, you will learn how technology affects people’s lives and how to design efficient, engaging and ethical digital products and services. The degree leads you to hands-on work in various course projects, as well as provides basics for scientific thinking and writing.
- Technology plays an increasing role in our daily lives, and it is important to have professionals who have deep understanding of how to develop efficient and enjoyable ways to interact with a wide variety of technological devices.
- You can deepen your knowledge in course units that cover a wide range of topics from user experience and emotions to innovative use of facial behavior like gaze and expressions, touch, speech, and human physiology in user interfaces.
- The programme leads you to scientific thinking and writing as well as to hands-on work in various course projects.
“The quality of life in here is so much better than in lots of countries. Tampere is a lovely town. I am slightly older than average students, and Tampere has got everything I need.“
Joseph // United Kingdom // Master’s degree programme in Internet and Game Studies
There are many job opportunities to choose from after graduation, such as user interface developer in different industrial sectors, user experience and interaction designer, service designer of new digital services and products or usability and customer experience specialist. Career opportunities are excellent and human-technology interaction specialists are highly appreciated by industry.
Some of the possible future careers include working as:
- Interaction designer who studies people in their natural environments and creates technology and UI designs
- User interface developer who has the skills to implement advanced front-end software solutions
- Usability and user experience specialist who makes sure that the technology designs are easy to use and fit human purposes, or
- Product manager with emphasis on user needs and user experience.