B.S./M.S. Science and Engineering – Computing and Electrical Engineering
The Science and Engineering – Computing and Electrical Engineering program at Tampere University offers all this! It is a cross-disciplinary degree programme that provides you with a solid grounding in several core fields of engineering and the ability to follow rapid technological developments and apply scientific methods.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years for Bachelor
2 years for Master
|Starting in:||1st of August 2021|
|Tuition Fee:||€ 10,000|
|Location:||Hervanta Campus, Tampere, Finland|
The Science and Engineering – Computing and Electrical Engineering program at Tampere University has two tracks: Computing and Electrical Engineering, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
The major subjects available in the Computing and Electrical Engineering track are:
- Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Software Development
- Power Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Electronics and Embedded Systems
We offer our students high-quality teaching in relatively small, multicultural study groups where teamwork is strongly supported. In addition to providing a sound theoretical basis for further studies in the field of technology, the programme places special emphasis on internationality, employability and connections to industry. With this unique combination, our students are well-prepared for the international world of research and industry.
Students who complete the Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Engineering receive a Bachelor’s degree and a well-rounded education that opens up a wide range of career options. By carefully selecting the courses counted towards your Bachelor’s degree to suit your preferred Master’s programme, you can set a direction for your future career. Our graduates have career opportunities, for example, in research and development in industry and in academic research and teaching.
“I really enjoyed learning in a relaxed atmosphere, meeting other people from many countries doing different things and getting to know the University before the hustle and bustle of term time as an international degree student began.“
Lauren // United Kingdom (2015)
- During the first year of your Bachelor’s studies, you will attend introductory courses and basic courses in key subjects that are important to all engineering students regardless of their major. These include mathematics, physics, chemistry, industrial management, programming and languages. You will progress onto major and minor studies in your second and third year.
- We are committed to investing in new and innovative learning environments and encourage the use of new technological solutions to continuously develop the quality of teaching and learning. The Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Engineering makes use of various teaching methods. Courses often consist of a combination of lectures, seminars, laboratory work, tutorials, group work, assignments, independent study and an examination.