When to apply?
- 9 Dec 2020 to 13 Jan 2021: Master’s Programmes at Tampere University
- 9 Dec 2020 to 20 Jan 2021: Master’s Programmes at Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- 7 to 20 Jan 2021: Bachelor’s Programmes
- 5 to 21 Jan 2021: Professional Teacher Education
Each programme has different entry requirements. To know the complete requirements for your programme of interest, please visit respective programme pages or get in touch using the enquiry form.
The tuition fees charged for the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes offered in English at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences range between 8,000 and 12,000 euros per academic year.
You will not be required to pay the fee if you are:
- an EU/EEA citizen
- equivalent to EU/EEA citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- already reside in Finland (a continuous A or a permanent P/P-EU residence permit), or have an EU Blue Card issued in Finland. The exempting residence permit must be valid when you are applying for studies and at least until 1 August i.e. when the study right commences. Please note that a residence permit in another EU/EEA country does not exempt you from the tuition fee
“I really enjoyed learning in a relaxed atmosphere, meeting other people from many countries doing different things and getting to know the University before the hustle and bustle of term time as an international degree student began.“
Lauren // United Kingdom (2015)
Tampere University Scholarships Programme is intended for students who are required to pay tuition fees in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes offered in English. A substantial number of scholarships will be available. With the help of the scholarship programme, Tampere University provides excellent international students with high-quality, yet affordable, education.